Coordinators: Tiffany Warner and Brandi Adam
Contest held in conjunction with the Jefferson County Fair Queen contest. Contest will be held Wednesday, June 27 at 6 p.m. on the Jefferson County Fairgrounds. Interviews will be held on Tuesday, June 26th in the afternoon. Each contest-ant will have a 10 minute interview with the judges. Contestant’s interview times will be assigned when registration ends.
1. “Little Miss” contestants must pre-register at the Jefferson County Extension Office. Entry fee of $15.00 (sponsors optional) and copy of the con-testant’s birth certificate must accompany the entry form. Deadline is June 12, 2012, NO EX-CEPTIONS. Open to the first 12 registrants who turn in completed application, registration fee and copy of birth certificate.
2. Interview judging will be based on poise, per-sonality, dressing in accordance with theme, overall presentation and response to questions.
3. Any contestant who has performed or competed at a professional level (for monetary gain) in anything other than amateur contests will be considered ineligible.
4. All contestants must be a resident of Jefferson County for at least 1 year.
5. Contestants may not be older than 8 years of age or younger than 6 years of age by June 1, 2012.
6. Parents and/or chaperones are not allowed into the interview room or the backstage area before or during the contest. Assigned staff will assist contestants if needed.
7. There will be an on stage presentation to present the winners of the contest.
8. Winner and 1st Runner Up will need to be avail-able to help hand out ribbons at assigned fair shows during the 2012 Jefferson County Fair. Each contestant will receive a participation gift.
9. The theme this year is “Tropical Paradise.” No pageant dresses or swimwear allowed. Contestants are allowed to wear long dresses, skirts, jeans/shorts or costumes in accordance with theme. Contestants will be judged on dressing in accordance during the interview. Contestants costumes will also be worn on stage for the pres-entation of winners.
10. Contest is limited to the first 12 registrations turned into the Extension office and no less than 5 contestants.
11. Any contestant who has won the title “Little Miss” at the Jefferson County Fair in the past is unable to compete in the contest.
12. Any arguments about final decisions will be grounds for immediate disqualification. Judges decisions are final.
For more information,
contact Tiffany Warner at 641-919-1568 or Brandi Adam at 641-662-2847.